Holiday Season such as Christmas and New Year are the best times of the year. It is the year filled with love, happiness, fun and bonding with family and friends. It is also the time of Thanksgiving of all the blessing received throughout the year and the incoming year. This is also considered as season of eating because of the great foods prepared during the holiday.
However, in this article, you are helped to enjoy the Seasons of love with your families, friends, relatives and loved ones without ruining your diet. You will not have a hard time bringing back your weight after the Holiday Season so, keep track of these tips and tricks:
- Eat your regular meal at home before going to some parties. In this way, you can control what you will eat at home than eating a variety of fatty foods on the party.
- If you cannot afford not to eat at the party, it’s totally okay. However, you should choose also the foods you will eat like Veggies, vegetable salad paired with vinaigrette dressing or a cup of mixed fruits will do.
- If in the same day you are invited to a two parties, eat light on both. Of course you can eat, but do not overeat or indulge yourself.
- If you want to try all the foods in the party, get a very small portion of it.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It has a large number of calories that will fool you. Instead, have a glass of wine paired with a bar of dark chocolate or cottage cheese. This is much healthier, anyway.
- Never go hungry because it will result to binge eating. Eat small frequent healthy meals. You may have a low-calorie plain yogurt or a fruit on between meals.
- Focus on your families, friends, relatives and loved ones instead of food. Bond with them and share quality time during the holiday season. It is not bad to eat but do not focus your attention to it because it will really make you fat.
- Ambulate every after meal. Ambulation and walking around every after meal can help you to increase your digestive process. In this way, fats will not accumulate up on your system as well.
- Never forget to exercise. It does not mean that if it is the holiday season, you are exempted doing regular exercise. Do your regular regular regimen still.
I hope these tips could help you maintain your weight. Aside from these tips, enjoy, relax, give time to yourself and spend time with your families, friends and loved ones. Don’t forget also to thank the Lord for all the blessings you have received throughout the year.
During this season also, spend your extra time attending mass, meditate and celebrate Jesus birthday. You can also share your extra blessings with less fortunate people, street children, homeless kids by giving extra clothes and foods so that they may also feel and experience the warmth of the holiday season as well.
“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!”