” Dreams are the best part of life.. If you miss sleep, you miss the best part of your life. So go to bed and have a sweet dreams.”
Having a short, disrupted sleep may affect our physical performance, emotional and social abilities. It may also affect the quality of our work that is why if you have a lack of sleep, you will have a low-quality work and may affect your performance. That is why, good sleep is very important and in this article, I will help you to achieve a good and uninterrupted sleep.
- Make a sleep routine. Having a night routine would give your body a “go” signal that you are now ready to go to school. Like simple routines such as turning off the lights, turning on a good and relaxing music, performing yoga and meditation and washing your face. You should also make a schedule of your sleeping time. For example, if you set your sleeping schedule from 930-11PM, make sure that you already sleep by that time.
- Prepare a clean, wrinkled free and relaxing comforter. In this way, you will make your bed very conducive for sleeping.
- Try to hide your clock under the bed because you will be disturbed by the light. And if ever you will wake up in the middle of the night, you will not be aware what time is it and you will not be conscious.
- Change your pillow once in a while. If your pillows are overused, make sure that you change it once in a while because your pillow also deserve a break.
- Choose the right pillow for you. Choose a pillow that you are very comfortable with. Make sure that it should support your neck and shoulders so that you will not suffer from neck or shoulder pain the day after.
- Switch to a more heavier and thick curtains. In this way, street lights will not disrupt your sleep.
- Clean your bedroom and choose a soothing color like light or olive green or any color that makes you happy. It is really important that you will be the one to clean your bedroom so that you will know where to find your things and you will really feel that it is your room.
- Soak your feet in a warm water or wear socks when sleeping. Studies show that if you felt the warmth inside your body you will achieve optimal level of sleep.
- Don’t let your pets sleep in your room as much as possible. We do love our pets and we want to sleep with them. However, we should train them also to sleep at their place and for your sleep also not to be interrupted.
- Try to sleep alone. We really do love to sleep with our partner or spouse but sometimes we really cannot avoid them to snore, to kick us off and could lead to the disruption of our sleep.
- Eat nuts before going to bed. Studies have shown than nuts contain a sleep-enhancing amino acid, tryptophan.
- Avoid juice before bedtime. Drink a glass of water or milk instead. Studies have shown that drinking juice before going to bed may delay your sleep most probably because of the high sugar content.
- Use relaxing oil such as eucalyptus. Relaxing oil may help you induce sleep and its relaxing scent may give you a good night’s sleep.